Christmas starter: smoked salmon muffins
A great Christmas dinner... starts with a appetizer!
For the 2022 Christmas holidays we want to propose a recipe that is easy to make and sure to please, plus is also suitable for vegetarians: savory muffins with smoked salmon.
Smoked salmon muffins: ingredients for 20 small muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 200 grams of type 00 flour
- 120 grams of smoked salmon
- 100 ml sunflower or corn oil
- 100 ml white yogurt or whole milk
- 80 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 5 grams of baking powder for savory cakes
- salt to taste
For the cream cheese:
- 120 grams of creamy cheese, such as ricotta, robiola or Philadelphia
- 240 ml fresh cream
- 2 slices of smoked salmon for decoration
- poppy seeds or black sesame to taste
- fennel or fresh dill to taste
Heat the oven to 180°C static. In the meantime, fill a mini muffin mold with paper cases.
Beat the egg and add it to the yogurt and oil. Add the flour, baking powder, grated Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and the smoked salmon in small pieces, and mix everything with a silicone spatula. Pour the mixture into the case, filling them half-way.
Bake the muffins at 180°C for 20 minutes. When cooked, allow them to cool well.
Pour the creamy cheese and fresh cream into a bowl or glass boule. Beat everything with the electric whisks or a hand whisk.
Finish the muffins by decorating them with the cream cheese and completing with a piece of fresh salmon on top. Garnish with the poppy seeds or black sesame and a dill or fennel leaf. Place on a plate and bring to the table.
And let the Christmas feast begin!