Stuffed crêpes. Our recipe for your holidays
Simple to prepare and versatile, stuffed savory crêpes are always a popular first course, especially during the holidays!
From stuffed crêpes with ham and mozzarella to stuffed crêpes with mushrooms, here are some ideas for making excellent baked crêpes and satisfying all your dinner guests, including vegetarians!
Stuffed savory crêpes: ingredients for 8 people
For the batter:
- 500 ml of milk
- 300 g of flour
- 4 whole eggs + 1 yolk
- 80 g of butter
- salt to taste
For the béchamel:
- 1 L of milk
- 100 g of flour
- 100 g of butter
- grated nutmeg to taste
- a pinch of fine salt
How to prepare stuffed crêpes
To prepare the stuffed crêpes, we must first make the batter:
- Shell the eggs, put the egg white and yolk in a bowl and beat everything with a fork. Mix in the 00 flour, preferably sifted;
- Gradually add the milk, pouring it slowly, and mix with a whisk. Be careful to make sure that no lumps form. If necessary, pass the mixture through a sieve;
- Add the cooled melted butter and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Stir again;
- Let the batter rest in the refrigerator or on the basement steps, keeping it covered, for about 2 to 3 hours;
- Put a 24 cm-diameter non-stick pan on the stove or induction hob. Heat the pot and melt a little butter;
- Pour the mixture one ladle at a time, making sure that it is evenly distributed over the entire surface;
- Cook each crêpe on both sides until golden brown. Gradually transfer them onto a plate by stacking them.
Stuffing and cooking
Now we come to the filling of crêpes: here you can really indulge yourself!
Among the most common fillings, we find cooked ham and mozzarella, mushrooms and mozzarella, spinach and mozzarella ... but you can always have fun creating your own combination! Let's take a look at the rest of the recipe together.
After you have finished preparing the batter, arrange the open crêpes side by side on the table and stuff them by placing the ingredients in the center, each cut into pieces that are not too small. Be careful not to overdo the quantities; otherwise, you may have difficulty closing the crêpes.
Once the ingredients have been positioned, it's time to close the crepes. There are multiple solutions for closing crêpes, from the envelope to the fan to the cone; opt for the mode you prefer, according to the result you want to achieve.
At this point, arrange the closed crêpe neatly on a non-stick baking tray, heat the oven to 200°C, and once the temperature is reached, cook for about 20 minutes in fan mode.
The béchamel sauce
While the crêpes are cooking, let's prepare the béchamel sauce, following these indications:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat;
- Mix in the flour, stirring with a whisk, then add all of the cold milk at once, continuing to stir until it starts to boil;
- Add salt, lower the intensity of the flame or the power of the induction hob and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally;
- Once the right consistency is reached, season with a pinch of nutmeg.
The crêpes are now ready!
When the crêpes have finished cooking, take them out of the oven, drizzle with béchamel sauce, arrange them on plates and serve at the table: enjoy your meal!
And remember: if you have some crêpes left over, you can always fill them with jam or Nutella!