Spring is back, and with it, our desire for carefree fun, fresh air, and enjoying time spent in the name of simplicity.
This is the perfect season to sit at the table with friends, sharing great food and savoring a fine glass of wine: do you agree?
So here is a 100% seasonal recipe, a great classic that everyone loves and that's quick to prepare: spring gnocchetti!
Spring gnocchetti: a recipe for 4 people
- 500 g of tricolor gnocchetti (small gnocchi)
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 carrot
- peel of 2 unwaxed lemons
- 1/2 red onion
- 50 g of grated parmesan
- chilli (optional)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- mint leaves and basil to taste
- Wash the courgettes, dry them and cut them into cubes with a 16 cm professional kitchen knife. Do the same with the carrot, keeping it to one side;
- Cut the half red onion into thin slices;
- In a 24 cm low non-stick pan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil, add the onion and leave to flavor for a few minutes. Then add the carrot and half a glass of hot water;
- When the water has evaporated, add the courgettes and cook for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Season with salt;
- Boil the gnocchetti in abundant salted water for the time indicated on the package. Drain them with a slotted spoon and transfer them to the pan. Stir well to mix everything;
- Serve the gnocchi garnishing each plate with a little lemon zest and mint and basil leaves. Place chili powder and grated cheese on the table for each guest to use as desired.
Enjoy and buon appetito!