Back from vacation? Try this easy and tasty recipe!
The holidays are now coming to an end, and life is slowly resuming its normal daily course.
However, if you feel the nostalgia of the holiday climate and you already miss the cheerful outdoor gatherings with friends, here is a delicious and simple recipe to prepare for a perfect September dinner with friends: the end of summer salad!
End of summer salad: ingredients for 6 people
- 6 medium potatoes ideal for boiling
- 400 g of IGP Pachino tomatoes
- 200 g of Greek feta cheese
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 red onion of Tropea
- 5 - 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- a handful of capers in salt
- green or black olives (as required)
- 5 basil leaves (as required)
- oregano (as required)
- black pepper (as required)
- extra-virgin olive oil (as required)
Boil the potatoes in a 24 cm non-stick saucepan with 2 handles until they reach a soft consistency. Meanwhile:
- Cut the red onion of Tropea into thin slices;
- Cut the Greek feta cheese into small squares;
- Cut the Pachino tomatoes and the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces:
- Wash the capers to remove the salt;
- Drain the anchovies.
When the potatoes are ready, peel and dice them. Let them cool for a few minutes, then in a large salad bowl add them to all the other ingredients and mix gently with the help of a kitchen spoon. Garnish with a pinch of black pepper, oregano, extra virgin olive oil and basil leaves and serve on the table.
Enjoy and buon appetito!
Simple and creative recipes: keep following us!
On the Primecook blog you can find the best seasonal recipes, very easy and accessible to everyone: keep following us!